Thursday, January 12, 2012

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS

I spent some four decades as a energy researcher and personal explorer. My other hat was several decades on the frontlines in one of the poorest counties in Minnesota as a psychologist in private practice. Several of the postings I have been doing come from that part of my experience. Some may be relevant to the energy issue, some may not but all a part of me.

This poem is brilliant. I don't know who gave it to me. I have shared it with many. I think it is relevant personally and also socially.

AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS

by Portia Nelson

I

I walk, down the street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewald.

I fall in

I am lost . . . I am helpless

It isn’t my fault.

It takes forever to find a way out.

II

I walk down the same street.

There is deep hole in the sidewalk.

I pretend I don’t see it.

I fall in again.

I can’t believe I am in the same place.

but, it isn’t my fault.

It still takes a long time to get out.

III

I walk down the same street

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.

I see it is there.

I still fall in . . . it’s a habit.

my eyes are open.

I know where I am.

It is my fault.

I get out immediately.

IV

I walk down the same street.

There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.

I walk around it.

V

I walk down another street.

No comments:

Post a Comment